You can dramatically increase your response rates by using a mail merge program like Microsoft Word or RealProspect™ to insert the recipient’s name and property address into the content of your letters.

By inserting the reader’s first name into the greeting of the letter -- like “Dear John”, rather than “Dear Homeowner” -- the letter will look like you sat down and typed it up just for them… instead of looking like a blanket letter that was sent out to a mailing list.

To add additional personalization power to your letters you can insert the property address in the letter body like…

“If you are interested in selling your property located at 1234 Main St., then give me a call at 555-5555.”

This makes it easier to get your readers attention if you mention a particular property that they own or live in.

A mail merge program like Microsoft Word or RealProspect™ will allow you to create a letter template, and then insert your place holders for any of the fields from your mailing list (Name, Address, City, State, etc.). You can insert the recipient’s first name in the greeting, and the property address somewhere in the body.

Then when you merge the data, you will end up with a personalized merged letter for each record in your mailing list. You can then save this file and bring it to a printer like Kinko’s, or you can print it from your home/office computer.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use PostCast service to merge emails. :) It's a good software and it has e-mail and database software with integrated mail server, scheduler, autoresponders and many other tools
I use these freeware:

http://www.softplatz.com/freeware/auto-email-merge/

They have a good user interface, best for not so geeky people.
There are many templates on how to write a good real estate letter. I suggest stay away from those and start having your own unique template. Those templates that are available in the internet have been used so many times that most prospective clients already know about them. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Reviewed Investing Websites and Software

© 2024   Created by Matt Gerchow.   Powered by

Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service