The hardest part about sending letters is getting the readers to open the envelopes. So, your greatest challenge will be to make your envelope NOT look like a solicitation, or any other junk mail.

The best way to get your letter opened is to hand address your envelopes. It’s painfully time consuming if you do it yourself, but you can hire one of your kids, grandkids, or neighbors kids to do this for you. I pay $.25 per envelope to have someone sign my name on each letter, fold and stuff the letter into the envelope, hand address the recipients address and my return address, seal, and stamp each letter.

You absolutely MUST use first class postage stamps when you’re sending letters. Of course first class stamps will be more expensive, but nothing smells more like junk mail than postage metered envelopes.

Try to avoid using the basic American flag stamps if at all possible. In fact, the best stamps to use are the ones that come out for any of the closest holidays. The goal is to make your envelope look like it was sent by an old friend or relative. This intrigues people to open the letter to see who it’s from.

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I pay $.25 per envelope to have someone sign my name on each letter, fold and stuff the letter into the envelope, hand address the recipients address and my return address, seal, and stamp each letter.

I am not sure if this is really a good idea... I don't want anybody signing something for me. And besides $.25 is a lot for simple pen stroke. :)
These are all nice tips. I think it is important to make your mail feel like it was really intended for the recipient. I hate reading template based mails!
I agree, that is a lot... that is already 1/4 of a dollar!

Sandra Wood said:
I pay $.25 per envelope to have someone sign my name on each letter, fold and stuff the letter into the envelope, hand address the recipients address and my return address, seal, and stamp each letter.

I am not sure if this is really a good idea... I don't want anybody signing something for me. And besides $.25 is a lot for simple pen stroke. :)
Personally, I wouldn't open a letter if the greeting read as: Dear Sir/Madaam, Dear Homeowner, Dear Friend or anything generic like that! It is just so insulting!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Reviewed Investing Websites and Software

© 2024   Created by Matt Gerchow.   Powered by

Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service