I have been looking on this site and many other sites for that matter. Every teacher seems to feel they are the best and will help you make the most money. I'm having a terrible time trying to figure out which direction to go.

It would be great if some of you could tell me some of your experiences with the various "Guru's" so I could be more comfortable in my decisions.

Thanks!

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm.. I think it's better not to follow a single guru. Listen to three of four of them, analyze what they say and try to combine them with your own ideas. There's nothing wrong in idolizing them or anything but to follow them completely is just not my philosophy. Sorry.
I saw a review on present Gurus. You might want to check it. The review on each Guru is a bit long. The review is quite long. Here is the link: http://www.johntreed.com/Reedgururating.html
Darius Barazandeh
Jeff Beaubien
Dwan Bent-Twyford
Cory Boatright
Larry Goins

They are good speakers too (well almost all Gurus are). They also have a site, so just check on them!
I don't think a single Guru can really give you what you need to learn. The days of master - apprentice setup is long over. I think forums like this is a better option.
It is so hard to identify which Guru to trust these days. They are all saying (at least in a subtle manner) that they are the best. So my take on this is consult others too, don't just rely on a single source.
I agree Tamlyn, most of them are selling stuffs over the internet. I would trust the Guru who would want to build a community of real estate agents, rather than subscribers who can opt in for products.

Tamlyn Brooke said:
It is so hard to identify which Guru to trust these days. They are all saying (at least in a subtle manner) that they are the best. So my take on this is consult others too, don't just rely on a single source.
I think it's a give and take relationship. Don't expect to get everything for free. Sometimes you need to really spend money to get the real good stuffs. This is true in every industry, not just real estate.

Kurt Lacson said:
I agree Tamlyn, most of them are selling stuffs over the internet. I would trust the Guru who would want to build a community of real estate agents, rather than subscribers who can opt in for products.

Tamlyn Brooke said:
I think there are people who genuinely care for others. They want to share their knowledge because it's their way of paying back since the industry became good to them, they just want to impart some knowledge since it won't do them any harm.
Yes they are, but they are rare. They are hard to find and more often than not, they don't call themselves Gurus. :)

Kim Chen said:
I think there are people who genuinely care for others. They want to share their knowledge because it's their way of paying back since the industry became good to them, they just want to impart some knowledge since it won't do them any harm.
I think soon Mary's name will be on the list of Gurus.
I hope she'll give us discounts on her ebooks and real estate classes :D

Kurt Lacson said:
I think soon Mary's name will be on the list of Gurus.
There is a list of featured members in this site, some of them are actually seniors in the industry. I'm don't like to call them Guru, but I think they have some good things to share.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Reviewed Investing Websites and Software

© 2024   Created by Matt Gerchow.   Powered by

Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service