Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has had experience as a landlord from overseas or from a great distance.

I'm considering buying some of the foreclosures in the USA. The dollar is low and so is the Real Estate value.

Do you think this is the right time to buy or should I wait a little while longer?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gil,

Your guess is as good as anyone else's as far as when to buy, however you can get tremendous value here now particularly if you have financing lined up.

Managing from out of the country is possible, but could prove a bit challenging if the tenants need to get in touch with you and/or you needed to check on the property to make sure if wasn't being trashed (worst case scenario).

There are plenty of reputable companies out there, but they are far and few between... as long as they are getting their %, there isn't much incentive in it for them to look over the property they way you would in person.

You might want to consider partnering with someone for a small slice of the ownership of the property in exchange for their rental expertise... that way there is a strong incentive to get great tenants and make sure the house is kept up to snuff. PM me if you are interested in learning more.

Best of luck to you.

http://www.EZLandlordForms.com
EZ Landlord Forms- State Specific Legal Landlord Forms - everything you could ever need to effectively run your properties.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Reviewed Investing Websites and Software

© 2024   Created by Matt Gerchow.   Powered by

Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service