Hi,

I wanted to get some different opinions about some of the Real Estate "GURUS" that I keep hearing about.

Specifically Steve Cook, Ron Legrand and David Lindahl.

Everyone seems to have a package to sell these days. What is this Nouveau Riche thing? Is that like Amway for Real Estate?

It's one thing to read all of the advertising that people put out, but I'd really like to hear from some real folks that have experience with these people.

Is there anyone else I should be looking at?

J

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like your philosophy, befriend them all. You don't know these guys anyway so there is no use talking about them in a negative way.

Kurt Lacson said:
I don't think anybody would label Steve Cook, Ron Legrand and David Lindahl as the Bad, the Good and the Ugly. Those words are just too harsh. After all we have our names on this forum, and we don't want those real estate gurus angry at us. :D
As if they are going to read this thing :D

Mary Burton said:
I like your philosophy, befriend them all. You don't know these guys anyway so there is no use talking about them in a negative way.

Kurt Lacson said:
I don't think anybody would label Steve Cook, Ron Legrand and David Lindahl as the Bad, the Good and the Ugly. Those words are just too harsh. After all we have our names on this forum, and we don't want those real estate gurus angry at us. :D
I think nobody would want to label them with those titles... at least not in a public forum like this one.
Guru is just a title, I don't understand why a lot of people give a fuss out of it.
I can say one thing about the Bad Real Estate Gurus, these are people who claim that they are experts or Gurus so they can sell some worthless products and then later on rip you off some hard earned dollars. They are pretentious and will do anything just to make money out of you.
Well, to have a title of a guru means you already succeeded. People need heroes, in life, in careers, in real estate. These people are our inspiration (at least for some of us). They tell us that we too, like them, can succeed! :)

Indira Goban said:
Guru is just a title, I don't understand why a lot of people give a fuss out of it.
Labels and nicknames are not very professional. :) Be careful what you ask, you might encounter them in the future. After all, the world of real estate is very small! :)
YES, We can all ask and reply. About the GURU'S NEVER THE LESS Some of these people got where they are becouse they networked and invested a lot of time in themselfs along with money. They all sell the some thing with a differnt spin but the info. and technics are basicaly the same .The funny thing is we are all looking for an opertunity to brake out but we seam to be afraid of success becouse we have not joined or pulled together all our resources or opertunitys..THIS website is a good starter for real serious joint venture of money with bad credit and good credit with no money.. Good reading books are* the millionare next door,* rich dad poor dad.*lawyers ar liars, *the secret millionare, *
Those are fairly popular titles, but some people simply choose "learn from you" rather than "learn with you"... we all know that the first is a lot easier.

Alfonso Villafuerte said:
YES, We can all ask and reply. About the GURU'S NEVER THE LESS Some of these people got where they are becouse they networked and invested a lot of time in themselfs along with money. They all sell the some thing with a differnt spin but the info. and technics are basicaly the same .The funny thing is we are all looking for an opertunity to brake out but we seam to be afraid of success becouse we have not joined or pulled together all our resources or opertunitys..THIS website is a good starter for real serious joint venture of money with bad credit and good credit with no money.. Good reading books are* the millionare next door,* rich dad poor dad.*lawyers ar liars, *the secret millionare, *
Nouveau Riche is a lot of things:

A Real Estate Investors Club and forum, yes... networking and marketing in Real Estate. I like the Amway of Real Estate line, except that it is *direct marketing* for the college. Yes there is a college. It's held in Phoenix 4 to 6 times per year, with actual one to two day classes in wholesaling, short sales, land acquisition, multi-family and commercial strategies, tax strategies... and on and on. Taught by folks like Tony Litster, Chris Wilson, Craig Cottrel, John Dessauer, Mark Kohler, and on and on...

These are experts in their niches and it's actually a good and worthwhile education. You get two years to complete, and *repeat* your classes. The marketing comes in, in that if you are also signed on as a marketer/advisor for the college, you make a 50% commission on the products, up to the tuition to the college itself...

IN my experience so far, it is heavy in the meetings on marketing the Nouveau Riche name and product line, but I've found not many of the leaders that interested in actually mentoring on actual real estate deals. The culture perpetuates getting more folks signed up for products and the college and maintaining a cash income that way. Real Estate investing is pretty much up to the individual based on the knowledge learned in classes and the connections made with people "doing things" there. For that, I have been grateful. I have some strong REI connections and friendships cultivated.

So, yes, a bit of "Amway" and "soap selling" if you will... but actually a beneficial group and network to be *in* with, particularly in my market in Chicago, where Nouveau Riche is *killing* for the company nationwide...

Anyway, that's my $.02... from someone whose "been there"...
wow...an honest review. Whether you are involved or not that seems like an honest review.
I spent 2 years in Amway when I was a teenager. Same feelings...great education even if the business wasn't for me.

Dr. Michael Patrick Burgess, Jr. said:
Nouveau Riche is a lot of things:

A Real Estate Investors Club and forum, yes... networking and marketing in Real Estate. I like the Amway of Real Estate line, except that it is *direct marketing* for the college. Yes there is a college. It's held in Phoenix 4 to 6 times per year, with actual one to two day classes in wholesaling, short sales, land acquisition, multi-family and commercial strategies, tax strategies... and on and on. Taught by folks like Tony Litster, Chris Wilson, Craig Cottrel, John Dessauer, Mark Kohler, and on and on...

These are experts in their niches and it's actually a good and worthwhile education. You get two years to complete, and *repeat* your classes. The marketing comes in, in that if you are also signed on as a marketer/advisor for the college, you make a 50% commission on the products, up to the tuition to the college itself...

IN my experience so far, it is heavy in the meetings on marketing the Nouveau Riche name and product line, but I've found not many of the leaders that interested in actually mentoring on actual real estate deals. The culture perpetuates getting more folks signed up for products and the college and maintaining a cash income that way. Real Estate investing is pretty much up to the individual based on the knowledge learned in classes and the connections made with people "doing things" there. For that, I have been grateful. I have some strong REI connections and friendships cultivated.

So, yes, a bit of "Amway" and "soap selling" if you will... but actually a beneficial group and network to be *in* with, particularly in my market in Chicago, where Nouveau Riche is *killing* for the company nationwide...

Anyway, that's my $.02... from someone whose "been there"...
I just started Dave Lindahl's Program. It seems pretty interesting so far, and the program is packed full of information.

Sincerely,
Valon

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Reviewed Investing Websites and Software

© 2024   Created by Matt Gerchow.   Powered by

Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service