I hope I'm in the right section. Anyway, is it possible for me to acquire a real estate license from the internet and sell real estate in Tennessee ? Would that be alright? Will I encounter any problem with that?

Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This area will be good enough for that question.

As I understand it you are in Arkansas and you want to obtain your license over the internet (online training) in order to sell Real Estate in Tennessee.

I see two challenges with being able to do this.

1. Being able to service your clients in Tennessee while you are living out of state.
2. Finding a place to hang your license in the state of Tennessee may be difficult.

If you are getting your license to sell a piece of your own property, it might be better to just negotiate with the Realtor a little more...offer a flat fee of $500 for them to list your property.

Please feel free to post more information if this does not answer your question.

Matt
Is $500 really the going rate? What's the process in this? Should we just email the Realtor? Can we find something lower? I'm asking because my friend is having the same problem.

Matt Gerchow said:

As I understand it you are in Arkansas and you want to obtain your license over the internet (online training) in order to sell Real Estate in Tennessee.

1. Being able to service your clients in Tennessee while you are living out of state.
2. Finding a place to hang your license in the state of Tennessee may be difficult.

If you are getting your license to sell a piece of your own property, it might be better to just negotiate with the Realtor a little more...offer a flat fee of $500 for them to list your property.

Please feel free to post more information if this does not answer your question.

Matt
I've seen fees as low as $99 for simply listing the property.
It's really up to what they are advertising or what you negotiate.
I don't recommend negotiating this fee away to nothing. Even though the listing will say to contact you directly, they will contact the Realtor first as much as 40% of the time.
If your listing agent feels you negotiated too deeply, those calls may not even get returned or forwarded onto you.

Matt

Kurt Lacson said:
Is $500 really the going rate? What's the process in this? Should we just email the Realtor? Can we find something lower? I'm asking because my friend is having the same problem.

Matt Gerchow said:

Matt

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Reviewed Investing Websites and Software

© 2024   Created by Matt Gerchow.   Powered by

Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service