I'm planning on getting a home and I will rent it out. Now I know that most banks tack on interest points and require additional fees if you say that the property is going to be an investment or non-owner occupied property.

With that, can I just not tell them about my real intention so I can avoid additional fees?

Will they deny me the loan if they found out about this?

Regards!

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kim,

Unfortunately, it is NEVER a good idea to misrepresent or withhold information on a mortgage document, for a couple of very important reasons. First, and at the risk of sounding preachy, it is just wrong. It's lying.

Second, on a practical level, it's fraud, which is illegal, and could cost you money, jail time , or both.

Do the right thing and disclose accurate information. That way, you'll never need to look behind you to see who is coming, and you'll always be able to live comfortably with yourself.

I wrote a more detailed article on this very subject, Real Estate Investing Ethics- When is Lying Just Being Creative?

All the best,

Tom Dunn

I just put a new article up on this site called Real Estate Investing - Where Should I Invest? Check it out!
Good Day,

Have you been in search for a loan from a reliable lender on the internet or do you need a loan to ease your financial stress? this isthe greatest opportunity you have been waiting to have.

I am a lender that gives out short and long term loans with a reasonable interest to business firms and also individuals that can pay back the loan the right time and at the stipulated period.

My loan ranges from $5,000usd to $500,000usd with an interest of 5%.

For more inquires on getting a loan from me, feel free to reach me via e-mail, dr_anderson32@hotmail.com

Regards,
Mr. Anderson
The chances of them finding out are slim, however it just isn't worth it - as Tom said, it is considered loan fraud and punishable by fines and prison. Go for the little bit of extra moola and know that you're going to make it back over the long term.

http://www.EZLandlordForms.com
EZ Landlord Forms- State Specific Legal Landlord Forms & Free rental agreement - everything you could ever need to effectively run your properties.
It's probably not a good idea to try it. Lenders are much more diligent about fraud then they were. But, here is what they will look for...

Whether you already own a home and it's distance to the new property.

Your homeowners insurance policy. You insurance policy states if it is owner occupied, rented, etc. The lenders do read the policy before closing. If you take out insurance as an owner occupied property, and then rent it out, your policy is invalid. The insurance company will not pay if anything happens, they will cancel your policy, and notify the lender.

http://www.ValuSage.com
An innovative home value tool. Find the MSV (Maximum Stable Value) for any neighborhood.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Reviewed Investing Websites and Software

© 2024   Created by Matt Gerchow.   Powered by

Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service