I'm planning to make a new real estate blog, I already have a jooomla based blog but I am seeing a lot of blogs in different niches running on wordpress. What are your thoughts on this? Advantages, disadvantages?

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are both excellenct CMS. I don't know if there would be much difference in performance. You can hardly tell which one runs under Joomla and which one runs under Wordpress.
There are a lot of plug-ins or application extensions that are not in Joomla. Wordpress is far more popular than Joomla and so there are a lot of people and developers working 24/7 to better the features of Wordpress, I doubt if you have that in Joomla.
I think you forgot to mention another good platform? Drupal is also a good one. It has a lot of features and it is more secured than wordpress and joomla, or so I've heard.
In terms of securities, Joomla is far better than Wordpress. There are a lot of blogs going down just because a newbie hacker found vulnerabilities in their wordpress blog. I am not saying that Joomla is hack-proof, wordpress is just more susceptible to attack.
Wordpress is the popular choice. All the real estate blogs that I frequently visit run in wordpress platform.
Wordpress works fine with me, but based on my observation, industry based blogs and sites prefer Joomla. Some say it is because it is easier for Joomla to have a Web 2.0 look unlike wordpress. I beg to disagree.
Also Wordpress is being update more frequently than Joomla. I heard WordPress 2.7 is already coming out!

Tamlyn Brooke said:
There are a lot of plug-ins or application extensions that are not in Joomla. Wordpress is far more popular than Joomla and so there are a lot of people and developers working 24/7 to better the features of Wordpress, I doubt if you have that in Joomla.
If still are still thinking through it, then maybe this article will help you: How Real Estate Agents Can Use WordPress: A Real Estate WordPress T...

Another good article is this one: Using Wordpress to sell Real Estate
Also you might want to see this great plugin for WordPress blogs. :) I think your real estate blog cannot go on without it.

Great Real Estate was developed to enable real estate agents, brokers, and REALTORS to display and manage information about their listings in WordPress pages.

The property information and listing templates allow for consistent display of the property listings across the site. Authors do not need to format the content, they simply enter it into a form.

Widgets and custom page templates permit display of only available homes, only sold homes, a random "featured" home, and a detailed property page for a listing.

This plugin works best if you also use the following plugins: * NextGen Gallery - to upload, manage, and display property listing photos * WordTube - to upload, manage, and display videos * FPP Pano - to display panorama photos in a Flash 360 degree interface ("virtual tours") * Feed Wrangler - to enable you to send a listings feed to various websites, such as Googe Base, Trulia, and Zillow * WP-DownloadManager - to display and track links to downloadable brochures

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/great-real-estate/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Reviewed Investing Websites and Software

© 2024   Created by Matt Gerchow.   Powered by

Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service