Real-Estate-Investing.com talks about choosing a domain name

Choosing real-estate-investing.com was a tough decision and I do not recommend you take it lightly. You really need to get in there and find out what is working and what is not.

Real-estate-investing.com presents: how to choose your domain name.
In selecting a domain name for your website...the first thing you need to do is search out what the most popular searched keyword phrase is for your area.

Create a free trial on Wordtracker.com, then research to find out what people are searching for in your area and then drop yourself right in their way so that they cannot get around you. This is how I was able to determine that “Real Estate Investing” is searched over 3,000 times per day and captured the domain name. Google says it is searched over 300,000 times per month.

www.real-estate-investing.com

Chances are you typed this search phrase to find this blog

If you had to choose what name to use for a mortgage you probably wouldn’t type the search phrase “mortgage calculator” but guess what, that term is searched over 100,000 times per day. I was able to get www.a-mortgage-calculator.com for a friend Jay Reyna. Feel free to run a ‘who-is’ on either name.

The same technique works for real estate. I was able to force feed 200 plus pairs of eyeballs per day to www.bellevue-real-estate.com

The top marketers in the world use this tactic to find out what rushing rivers they want to divert towards their websites. Before you spend a dime on a website you have to know what people are looking for so you can give it to them

I learned this technique from John Schroeder who will probably author a book some day on ‘Search Engine and Keyword Optimization.’ Until then, thank God he is sticking around the real estate world to help us with great products like software and websites.

Please feel free to comment below

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With that in mind I think this site will soon be an authority site on Real Estate (maybe a year from now), and I am just glad that I am part of the community that built it! :)
Hi Matt, what tool did you use to get the number of searches? Is it reliable? How accurate is that tool? I want to learn keyword research too.
Real Estate is almost a saturated niche. It's good to know that we can still work our way up the ladder!
I read a report that domain names with dash are good for search engines but not so much for type in traffic due to the nature of "-" being hard to type. How true is this?
Personally, I prefer domain name with creative recall than the one that is SE optimized. Keywords in domain name are after all a very small factor in ranking.
Same here, I prefer short and brandable domain names over SE optimized names. People will use search engine the first time, but if they find your URL hard to recall, they would hardly come back.

Sandra Wood said:
Personally, I prefer domain name with creative recall than the one that is SE optimized. Keywords in domain name are after all a very small factor in ranking.
Does this domain name sound any good to you guys?

ReelRealEstate.com
UnitedRealEstate.com

Seriously tho, other than SEO, I think creativity and uniqueness should play a vital role in choosing domain names. Ever heard of branding?
Actually, the ReelRealEstate.com sounds like a good domain name. Is it registered? I'm too lazy to check it. I think it is good for real estates that were owned by celebrities. :)

Sita Scotch said:
Does this domain name sound any good to you guys?

ReelRealEstate.com
UnitedRealEstate.com

Seriously tho, other than SEO, I think creativity and uniqueness should play a vital role in choosing domain names. Ever heard of branding?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Reviewed Investing Websites and Software

© 2024   Created by Matt Gerchow.   Powered by

Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service