“Don’t try to find the cheapest source of leads. Cost average the leads across multiple channels and don’t depend on any one thing.”
Building you list is one of the most important tasks in our business. Many times in the process of saving money, we may be spending more. With the internet we have acces to leads that are near free. I believe that we must maximize the advantages of the internet in our businesses. However, I encourage you not to depend on the “Free” options of the online marketing strategies and incorporate offline advertising to get maximum exposure. Attack from both angles!
The biggest downside to offline marketing is the cost of materials and the cost of labor. However, this should not inhibit you from implementing the offline marketing into your overall marketing plan. There are cost effective ways to do offline marketing. I suggest that you do not implement your offline marketing alone and recruit some help to be effective with your time.
Offline marketing includes the following activities:
• Newspaper ads (in some markets, advertising in the print edition allows you to advertise in the online edition without additional charges)
• Business cards
Here are some quick tips:
• Pay $1.50 to have a sign planted and $1 to have it removed. Put them up on Friday and take them down on Sunday to avoid dealing with the sign police
• For flyers, print on both sides (one with your buying message and one with your selling message). Use bright colors: right now is not the time to be subtle. Get noticed! Expect to pay around 5 to 7 cents for each flyer to be distributed.
• For newspaper ads, bold your headline even though it costs little extra. Once again be effective with your ads and get noticed.
• For business cards, print multiple versions, one with your buying message and one with your selling message
Remember that the objective is to get your properties in front of as many potential buyers as possible. You have to be noticed so people now that you have properties for sale. Combine offline and online advertising, this way you are everywhere and buyers will see your message. Remember, you’re in the business of marketing your real estate business.Attack from all angles.Finally, use your time effectively and outsource this work. You do not make the money hammering signs at the street corner. Start thinking like business executive!